Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Third Time's the Charm

OUTSIDE: Snow. Again.
LISTENING TO: The Beatles, LOVE
READING: The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson
BREAKFAST: Cuppa tea, Lady Gray


This isn't the first time I'm giving this blogging thing a shot. (If you take a look at the entry before this one, you'll see it's from June of 2010--oh dear!). Part of it's a discipline/taking on too much kind of thing, but more than that, I don't think I was ever 100% sure of what I wanted to do with it. I read and follow blogs that are super focused on one thing--writing, knitting, book reviews, etc. but I also love blogs that are random. I'm not exactly sure where this is going, and I'm not going to attempt to define it.  Instead, I'm just going to begin. Again.

I was thrilled to see Sirenz (see BOOKS, above) make several to-read lists.  One thing the publishing journey has done for me is to introduce me to a host of fabby folks who also have books coming out in 2011. So to restart my blog/website, get myself reading more, and get to know my fellow debut authors (Elevensies!) better, I decided to do The Story Siren's 2011 Debut Author Challenge.  I plan on reading more than the required twelve, but as it was suggested to come up with a list, here's where I'm STARTING.

The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson
Chasers by Brian Farrey
The Liar Society by Lisa and Laura Roecker
XVI by Julia Karr
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Warped by Marurissa Guibord
Popular by Alissa Grosso
Wildefire by Karsten Knight
Dead Rules by Randy Russell
The Year We Were Famous by Carole Estby Dagg
Delaney Collins, F.G. by Kathy McCullough
The Circle Cast: The Lost Years of Morgan Le Fay by Alex Epstein
The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder


It was tough to narrow down the choices, so I allowed myself a baker's dozen. Somehow this made finalizing the list even more difficult, go figure--but it's a start. Game on!

7 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you found room for Dead Rules on your list! Thanks, Natalie!!
    P.S. Good luck on the blogging, too. Man oh man, I am crummy at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks! :) I'm looking forward to reading CHASERS, too, and SIRENZ, of course! (Also, I love (har) the Beatles' LOVE album.)

    Wow, that comment was all full of the warm fuzzies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! Co-writers unite! Thanks for adding Liar Society to your list. You're definitely going to be saving an ARC of Sirenz for The Bookanistas, right? RIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! The BEA! You'll love it. And Flux must love you, as they should, because not everyone gets asked to go to the BEA. You're autographing? Don't sign in blood. Your characters can tell you about the dangers of contracts.

    You said the book is already on lists. Which ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Randy--can't wait to read Dead Rules, and lets not get too excited about my blogging ability >:) Sarah--half way through now and LOVING! L-n-L--Co-author Co-alition! I owe Elana an email--doing that next... Susan--Thank you so SO much! A bunch of bloggers added Sirenz as one of their DAC books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, thanks for adding me to your list! I am really looking forward to reading Sirenz! Oh, and good luck on the blogging thing from a very occasional and not very focused blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! thanks for joining the challenge! Hopefully I will see you at BEA!! happy reading and good luck! Can't wait to read Sirenz!

    ReplyDelete