Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear Blog...

Dear Blog:

What a horrible blogger I am. I haven't visited you for... three weeks!  Shameful, that's what it is.

But the truth is I've been so busy. It's a lame excuse, I know, because blogging is supposed to be one of those things that doesn't fall off the list. Unfortunately though, it did--but I swear it was for a good reason(s). I would never just abandon le blog for frivolities like, oh,  manically searching for Emma Cook's jellyfish dress in my size.

But I've been doing mucho important stuff too, I swear.

Like fixing up a date for the SIRENZ launch party (will make official pretty invite and post it here... promise!) and making SIRENZ book marks...

...and Beta reading, and contest judging...

....and trying to figure out an amusing, entertaining, informative and fun Steampunk presentation for the NJSCBWI annual conference, now only two months away. Oh sh--

...and worrying. Publisher's Weekly is into June reviews now. VERY nervous. Wondering if we will get a review and if so, what kind it will be. Also anxious about REAL PEOPLE (not industry professionals) ACTUALLY READING SIRENZ. Usual, normal writerly jitters. Probably something I should have blogged about. Dammit.

...and revising WG following wonderful Beta and Agent advice.

And lets not even go into the practicalities of life. Eating. Sleeping. And my babies and their synchronized swimming and track and basketball and classes and FAFSA forms. Thank goddess for Flo (as in Florence and the Machine).

So don't be too hard on me bloggy. I still love you.  Really. 

xxxNat

3 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie! I wish you great success with Sirenz.

    P.S. Try Blogging Without Obligation (see http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233). You will never have to say you're sorry. It works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nervous right along with you, Haute Natalie. PW, ugh. Maybe they'll think I'm July.

    ReplyDelete