Monday, October 10, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #10... Knock Knock...

...it's kinda what you wanna do when you have this in front of you:


Want to have a look at the fab pop-ups in side? Click the link above!
I love me a good pop-up book--and Haunted House has some interesting flaps and pulls. I was introduced to Jan Pienkowski by my pal Emma who grew up with Haunted House, and Meg and Mog. I wish I had. And in case you're listening, Emm, I would REALLY love a Meg and Mog book. The cover is so cute!


You know what else looks really cool? His Silhouette Series. I just love The Fairy Tales book!


We might need to add this to my wish list...

You know, I bet Jimi Hendrix REALLY liked pop-up books...

5 comments:

  1. Oh, those are awesome! Thanks for sharing. Perfect for Halloween, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dahlink! I really want to get my hands on that Fairy Tale book--anything with cut paper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first pop up book is awesome - I swear that's my kitchen!

    I'm 41 years old, and I read Meg and Mog at infants school. Then I read them to my own kids when they were little (they're 15 now). I'm so thrilled they're still around. Quality stands the test of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Fairy Tales book too, remind me to dig it out when you come over xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember when my parents bought me the Haunted House book ( La Casa Encantada" in Spanish). I was about 8 years old, I'm 36 now.
    I guess the book still in my parents house in Madrid.
    I looked at the pictures thousand times, and made up my own story inside the book, thinking about little details like the UFO, the poor octopus doing the dishes, the ghost and thinking how could the cat eat the doctor at the end of the book... Excellent book, great Jan.

    ReplyDelete