Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #18... At Last... A Triumvirate of Ghosts!

See--I keep my promises >:)

Three ghostly reads--the first, in my to-be-read pile, recommended by my agent, the fabulous Natalie Lakosil:



To quote Natalie on why you should read this (this being said about the sequel, Queen of the Dead)... "Whenever I dive into this series I am always struck by how smart the heroine is. She’s the stereotypical blond cheerleader – with brilliant people-reading skills. I love characters that break the mold like this; this character acts the same way that stereotypical cheerleader would, but she’s given depth and dimension which make her entirely likeable. I also love the dry and sarcastic voice; a must-have for me in any contemporary! I do love me ghosts, too…"

And the next comes from my daughter...



My Mert is what you would call a reluctant reader--but this series--the whole series, mind, not just the first book--managed to capture her imagination and she read all THREE in one week! I LOVE you Kelley Armstrong!

And the last, from me :)



I like two kinds of ghost books. The first is the kind that scares the be-jesus out of me, ie: The Woman in Black. Then there are the ones that give a glimpse of what the afterlife just *might* be like--and then treat said subject with wit and dry humor and a good story. That's Dead Rules. You should read it now.

5 comments:

  1. Natalie, you're making this Halloween as fun as ever there was. And yup, I'm from the sticks and we say things like as ever there was. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randy! Am very excited about my upcoming creepy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, three that are new to me, and they all sound great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kelley's books. The summoning and the other two books in that series are so good.

    I haven't heard of the other two. I'm realty enjoying your Halloween series of posts.

    ReplyDelete