Friday, October 21, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #21... The Creature Feature Continues...

Methinks it's time for another crafty book . I LOVE crafty books.  And in particular, those that feature projects that require few materials, or materials where you can improvise--use whatever you have on hand. Origami is such a craft...



No need for expensive paper when you can use recycled magazines and catalogs--good for me as it usually takes me, oh, lets say SEVERAL tries before I get it right. This is one of my favorite origami books. Some of the designs are complicated, but they are unique--a couple of different dragons, a unicorn, and a Shiva are included (haven't attempted these yet)! But there's a wizard and witch and gargoyle that are Halloween-y. And of course there are several figures from Greek myth (including a Cerebus!)--you know I have a soft spot for my Greek myths!

I don't think I'm quite done with the Creature Feature yet... and I think at least one more Triumvirate is in order before this is all over...

2 comments:

  1. My daughter would love this book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love origami--this book *may* end up being a future prize in a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete