Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #22... A Last Triumvirate--Of Creatures!

Only EIGHT more days until Halloween! I think we need to have at least one more triumvirate--and this last I want to dedicate to creatures. Not the scary kind, because Halloween isn't all about the scary (though that certainly is a component, and that comes from our own imaginations, IMHO). Halloween is about spirit and magic, and is embodied just in fantastical creatures of light just as much as their darker counterparts...

Unicorns, anyone?
Warped by Maurissa Guibord

LOVED this book. And Will? Mmm... :)

And pookas (or is it Pooki?)...

A well written and different kind of MC!

... and mermaids...

In my TBR pile! <3

...and DRAGONS!

There's something about a dragon-girl...

I know, I know, technically, this is a Quadvirate, Foursome... wasn't there a four or five group of Roman Emporers who ruled together? Or was it three? I can't remember the name of it *curses*  Does anyone know what I'm talking about here? ANYWAY, I absolutely HAD to include dragons. I have soft spot for dragons--fingers crossed my YA Gaslight Dragon MS will go out on sub shortly... I <3 dragons!

Found: The Tetrarchs! Four men who ruled Rome together.

Google is a wonderful thing...

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found that - I had no idea what you were talking about :-)

    Your gaslight dragons novel sounds intriguing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your dragon submission, Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dahlinks!!! Am doing another round of edits for agent now, then one more pass from agency and then it goes out on sub, I think. Nervous!!!

    ReplyDelete