Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #4... Have A Seat

It's pretty hard NOT to love Neil Gaiman (huge thanks to my friend Katie for introducing me to him--well, not him literally, but his work). One of the books I turn to when the leaves start to fall is this little collection of short stories:



My first experience with this book was in audio format, the stories being read by Neil himself (no pun intended on the twitter handle). I tend to approach author-read audio with trepidation, but Neil Gaiman reading his own work is a thing NOT to be missed. He has a great voice, does the intonation and characters just right... My two faves from this selection are October in the Chair (very clever and creepy) and A Study In Scarlet--think Cthulhu meets Sherlock Holmes >:)

It also just occurred to me to provide links to the books--duh! Will update the other entries eventually...

No comments:

Post a Comment