Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #6... Something Witchy This Way Comes

My most treasured Middle Grade read.  I love the story of course, but there's something about the title that is magic and cinnamon and woodsmoke and apples, falling leaves and chilly breezes...

by E.L. Konisburg

Jennifer-Hecate has been repackaged a couple of times, but this is the cover that I remember :)
I remember this book being read to my 5th Grade Class over the month of October. Sr. Natalie read three books to us over the course of that year--this one, The Phantom Tollbooth, and The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe. We watched the movie of the Phantom Tollbooth and The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe on one of those reel-projectors. It was quite a treat. I think she also gave us Jolly Ranchers. I miss simpler times...

No comments:

Post a Comment