Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Book A Day 'Til Halloween #2... Hooked on creepy little dolls...

I have a terrible addiction to crafting books--so today's offering is of that variety. Have a look at...

SUPER SCARY CROCHET by Nicki Trench

I love the little figures in this book... too bad they didn't feature Phyllis on the cover...
As a rule, I like making things that are useful--mitts, sweaters, hats, you get the idea. But there's something about little dolls--especially ones with pins in them >:) --that's irresistible. One of the things I love about this book is that while the figures are cute in the usual amigarumi way, there's a mix of traditional and unapologetically, well, twisted. You have your vampires, mythological creatures (a Cerebus relative named "Tink"!), a goth girl and guy... but then there's Colin, the Cannibal Cockerel munching on a little yellow chick (you know I love my chickens), and Bubbles In Trouble, the rabbit stabbed with his own carrot--yikes! And then, there's Piercing Phyllis who can be found on page 78. She and Derek the Devil are my faves--I think they'd make a cute couple!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it! It's quite easy, and most of these only require knowing 1-2 stitches :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't crochet either but a friend of mine would LOVE this book, lol.

    ReplyDelete