Monday, January 23, 2012

Enter The Dragon... HINT!




Chinese culture was quite fashionable in Victorian England, as can be seen in the above photograph. Coincidentally, this picture was taken by none other than Lewis Carroll, and the little girl in the chair is Alice Liddell--the child who inspired Alice In Wonderland. (Lewis Carroll, Photographer:The Princeton University Library Albums by Roger Taylor & Edward Wakeling has more of Carroll's fantastic pictures).

I wish you happiness, health, prosperity and dragon-blessings for 2012. Gong Hey Fat Choy (Cantonese--the language most likely spoken by Chinese people living in England in the 1800s...)!

xxx Zhou Ning-tian (CLICK HERE to get your Chinese name!)

8 comments:

  1. I love the picture, and thanks sharing the Chinese name site! :D

    Bi Kai-you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think I need that book... And I LOVE playing on that site. ThAt and the Hobbit name generator... I'm "Dimples Knotwise"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite times of year. The street parades are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another name generator to add to my list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will obviously have to try out both name generators. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph--I WISH they had Street Parades here. I have to make it a point to go into NY for it next year. Was a loon (and sick :( ) this time around...

    Sarah-n-Alissa--I LOVE name generators! Make sure you try this one for the Hobbit Name: http://chriswetherell.com/hobbit/ He also does an elvish one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found out my Chinese name is Ran Tian ning
    Because I think of them as a symbol of power, strength, and good luck my home is full of Dragons, I Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Then you might really like my hopefully-going-out-soon-manuscript! There are dragons... but not like you'd expect...

    ReplyDelete