Monday, May 28, 2012

Steampunk Sunday, Posted On Monday

So it seems that Sundays have been presenting themselves as THE day to take a step back in time, and when I smell a pattern forming, instinct makes me want to turn it into something. But I shan't say anymore lest, I jinx it, so let's see what happens...

So yesterday, my husband had the keen idea (he has lots of these that I tend not to listen to), to pack up the family and take a trip out to West Orange to visit Thomas Edison National Park. I didn't know much about Edison other than the basics: inventor, lightbulbs, etc. etc. but the carrot of a Victorian house tour dangled in front of my nose sealed everyone's fate. 

I'll let the photos do the talking from here. Be assured, from the tri-storied library (!!!), to the chemistry lab to the gratifyingly creepy greenhouse *think Edward Gorey's The Evil Garden come to life* it is worth the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment