Monday, October 8, 2012

Author Acrostic with J.A. Souders ♥

You know me, always trying to start a meme or something. I really love other authors' good news--especially when I know said author personally. It's even special-er when that author is an agent mate. I met J.A. Souders when Renegade first sold--and here we are, a hair over a month away from the release date (unless you can read German)! I'm quite sorry to say that I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to secure an ARC, but, I shall (try to) wait patiently until next month.

The frabulous J.A. Souders...

I ♥ author interviews, but I wanted to do something different *scratches head* and lo, fresh from the homework backpack, I found this:

The Acrostic Poem


Oh yes *rubs hands together evilly* what better way to torture an author than to MAKE HER DO MORE WRITING! So without further adieu, please welcome J.A. Souders and her most excellent Acrostic interpretation of Renegade (and a few other questions, that I hope, no one has asked yet):


How cool is that?! And in case you need more, here is the blurb from Tor Teen:

"Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes, all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.

But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all."


Can I *please* get an ARC? Someone? Anyone?

And now, some other questions...

NZ: You also have a short story in the Mystery x 10 anthology. Tell us about this 'Toothless' tale?

JAS: TOOTHLESS is one of my favorite short stories (that I've written). It's a teenage vampire boy--who may be a little bit of a momma's boy, who has an annoyingly high arrogance level. Anyway, he meets a beautiful young redhead at a 18 and under bar and decides he'd like a taste, except she ends up being more than he can handle and when he bites her, his teeth fall out. What happens next is a hilarious account of just how desperate a toothless teenage vampire is.

NZ: What are you working on now?

JAS: It's a SEKRIT! ; )  I can't share yet, but I will be working on the third book in the Elysium Chronicles when it's finished.

NZ: I'm coming to your home state. Where's the best place:
...for a writer to visit

JAS: Oh! this one's easy.  I live in Florida, so I'd say a writer should definitely visit the Hemingway House in the Florida Keys

...to grab a latte? 

JAS: There's this awesome place called the Drunken Monkey Coffee Bar. If the name didn't entice you, the yummy coffee's and teas do.

To write...

JAS: Honestly, I don't know. I love to write at home, but the beaches are gorgeous. I would totally recommend trying to write at one of them.

To read...

JAS: the beaches. Def. the beaches. Any of them. My favorite is Ponce Inlet, though. It's so beautiful. Especially in the spring and fall when it's not hot and the tourists are all gone. :)

To get a taste of Renegade...

JAS: Ponce Inlet Lighthouse point park. It's the inspiration for the little town Gavin is from in the story. :) Plus, it's gorgeous, especially on the jetty.

For all Souders all the time, visit:

J.A. Souders on Twitter
J.A. Souders on Facebook
J.A. Souders Website

Are you an author who would like to subject him or her-self to my Acrostic devilry? Contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment