Saturday, November 10, 2012

I've Been Tagged: The Next Big Thing Blog Hop! ♥

I was just tagged (LURVE being tagged!) by the frip-frop-frabulous Amalie Howard for this blog hop. I'm also a big fan of structure and easy-to-answer questions ♥


What is the working title of your book?   
Char and I are currently working on BLONDE OPS and I am waiting to hear back from Super-Agent Natalie on my gaslight fantasy WYVERNGIRL.

Where did the idea come from for the book?  
Blonde Ops is a team effort: Char, me, and our editorial team at Thomas Dunne.  WG came out of my head, God help me...

What genre does your book fall under? 
Blonde Ops YA Contemporary Romance and Mystery
Wyverngirl YA Gaslight Fantasy (somewhat historical...)

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?  
Oooo Book to film... Weird, I haven't really thought of this. Will have to get back to you on this one, though for the MC of Wyverngirl, I've always had Yasmin Paige in mind...

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
Blonde Ops: CLASSIFIED.
WG: You'll never look at Dragons the same way again...

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Blonde Ops will be published by Thomas Dunne Books (an imprint of St. Martin's Press--where, ironically, I used to work. A L-O-N-G time ago.). Agent Natalie will sally forth with WG soonish.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 
It takes me a long time to do anything.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Gaaaa!

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
I write ideas that come to me and try to follow through--I'm really enjoying Blonde Ops because of the guidance and the writer-editor relationship we have with our editors at SMP :) I'm also finding inspiration everywhere. I spent some quality time with a friend interviewing her for research, and I'm feeling the itch to travel again, maybe explore my Italian roots...

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Cue harp strings and glitter... If you read anything written by me, all of your dreams will come true (Disclaimer: Dreams may or may not come true). Um... I like to incorporate different kinds of humor into the things I write, and I also like to put interesting twists on things that are familiar...

Now for step two of the blog hop--to nominate FIVE frabulous writers to participate. My folks are in different stages of publication:


Thanks ♥ Marmalie ♥ for nominating moi! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment