Monday, September 23, 2013

It's official! Behold the Graven Images Oracle App for IOS!

About a month ago, I got an email from Caroline Kenner over at the Fool's Dog (conjurers of amazing Tarot and Oracle apps for iPhone and iPad). The exciting news--Graven Images Oracle, which came out in 2009 from Galde Press as a deck and book set, was licensed to be made into an app--both Kat and I were excited to say the least. The app was released on September 21--just in time for the Samhain/Halloween season! It was an amazing way to kick off my favorite time of year ♥

When Graven Images first came out, I put up a website where folks could get (and can still get, for a little while) free readings. The app does so much more. The cards shuffle before your eyes (and you can choose what kind of shuffle you want to do, and as many times as you like). There are also many more spreads to choose from including traditional one and three card draws, and the Celtic Cross. My personal favorite is the "Clue Fairy" spread which shows you what you might be missing on several different levels. And I love what they did with the cover page:


Pieces of  card images and some other of my cemetery pictures were brought together to create the menu page. I'm still kind of reeling from how cool this all is and how fast it all came together. It is indeed a wonderful thing when stuff like this happens, unlooked for ♥

Another difference between the Graven Images Oracle app and the website is the inclusion of The Wall card (click the links to find out some interesting history on this card image). Kat and I had incorporated this card as a call to stop the reading in progress, something new to Divination systems. Have you ever gotten a reading (or have done a reading for someone) that was a complete disconnect? It happens. This could be due to a lack of concentration or openness on the part of the reader or the querent--but there is also the possibility that the question being asked is just not meant to be answered (think about this, the actions you may not have taken, if you knew, or thought you knew what could happen...).

So what should you do if The Wall comes up on your app reading? You can scrap the whole reading and begin again (if Wall comes up again and again, then let the question go, or at least wait a day before asking again), or you can have a look at the reading, see if any of it makes sense--but then stop at The Wall, take it as that is as much as you need to know at this time. This has happened with me many times when using Graven Images Oracle--the whole thing seems to be going well, and then Wall shows up. If any of the other cards make sense, then I take it as a sign that I've been given as much insight as I need.

Kat and I would love to hear what you think of the app. If you do purchase it--first, and most important, our MANY thanks--please take the time to rate it and leave a comment. The nice thing about apps is that they can be improved. 

Happy, Happy Autumn!

5 comments:

  1. Someone called our "Wall" card genius! Tee hee hee, Oops! Sorry. Shouldn't be all giddy. After all, I'm a mature, older adult.......WHOOPEE!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Am still kinda spinny from all this, and probably will be for a while! ♥

      Delete
  2. I swear to you guys, there is a headstone in my local cemetery--I did a rubbing of it--did an eye-sighting in relation to a building in the cemetery, so I could find it again, and I have never been able to find it. Her name was Elizabeth too.

    I must be the only one, but I don't have a cell phone or an iPhone or an iPad. If I did, yours would be the app for me. Five years down the road it is still one of the best decks I own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have one either. Ironic, no? But that's OK...it's nice to hear you like the deck. Kat

      Delete
    2. Thank you so SO much! ♥♥♥

      Delete