Monday, October 7, 2013

Pie

Friend and fellow author Shannon Delany challenged everyone to try something new in October. Okay then. This weekend, I did something I never did before--made a pumpkin pie from scratch, crust and all...
I used the crust recipe from A Cake Bakes In Brooklyn Blogger, Susan. ♥
...and for the filling.
A bit liquidy... is it supposed to be like that?
Well, I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
Doesn't look bad. Smells pretty good too...
The verdict: Don't buy Mrs. Smiths's anymore! Need to work on crust presentation, but otherwise, YUM!
I ♥ October!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the "Must thump a pumpkin" people. My first "scratch" pie was made during marriage year one...buy my Dad has to slice the cheese pumpkin...then I had to use a pressure cooker, which terrified me...and then I....??...Hey, is that a CAN OF LIBBY'S??? Cheater!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't go near a pressure cooker--it could explode!

      Delete