Monday, April 7, 2014

BLONDE OPS A to Z Challenge! F is for...


...FORTE PRENESTINO! Once it was a prison, but now it's one of Rome's fun and funky social spaces...

During the month of April I am participating in the April A to Z Challenge! Every day this month (except for Sundays) I'll be sharing an alphabetically-friendly tidbit from mine and Charlotte Bennardo's BLONDE OPS, out May 6, 2014 from Thomas Dunne Books/Griffin Teen!

CLICK HERE to visit some of the other bloggers participating in this fun challenge.

11 comments:

  1. Interesting. Guess that's one use of an old prison. hmmm

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Kind of an ultimate upcycling project... I started following this A to Z Challenge blog--her theme is famous haunted places: http://lexacain.blogspot.com/2014/04/hauntings-fort-mifflin.html?spref=tw I wonder if the Forte is haunted?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I know, right? If ever get to Rome, I'm definitely checking it out :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I *almost* went to Alcatraz when I was in SF--I would have totally gone if they had the haunted tour on offer while I was there...

      Delete
  4. No way! They remodeled a prison? So cool! It looks very 60s psychedelic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's a night club and art space :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting! Did you research it through photos?

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♥! Yes! We were able to incorporate some great descriptions of the Forte in Blonde Ops from photos posted online. Their website is also pretty detailed--they have some great stuff going on there. Add that to my list of places to visit... http://www.forteprenestino.net/

      Delete
  6. Google Earth took us to the street & showed us front of building. very cool.

    ReplyDelete