Thursday, February 18, 2016

The ATC Spring Mysteries Festival 2016 #dailymeditation

34 more days.

34.

Still double digits. This is good. Anxiety is kicking in as February winds down--it's not that I'm not excited about Spring Mysteries. I am. But I am also nervous. OK. Slightly freaking out.

My friend Monte Farber has this to say about psychic ability: "We are all born intuitive. Intuition is like a muscle; you need to exercise it to make it strong." I'm going to guess it's the same thing with spirituality. You get better with practice--but I have to admit, my practice has been shoddy of late. I've been talking about how I need to reincorporate discipline into what I do, a steady rhythm, something I can rely on. I need to strengthen my faith, in the universe, in myself. This is one reason, I'm sure, that something inside said, "GO!" when the opportunity for me to make this pilgrimage came up. And yet, here I am, 34 days out, kind of freaking out... and I'm figuring that it's time for a little discipline. 

I'd moved Demeter to a new spot. She used to watch over the front door, but for now, she's in my office, watching over me--where I can see her, and she can see me. As a matter of fact, she's the first thing I see whenever I come in here. This morning when I saw her,, I felt the need to say something, so I touched her cheek and whispered, "thank you." It was the only thing I could think of--but it was something, and gratitude is never a bad place to start. 


During the course of the day, I've wandered over, told her about things that were on my mind--the Festival and other things... and I did feel better. This little practice enabled me to put my cares into perspective (when I worry, it tends to overshadow everything else). I believe that Spirituality is personal, and there is an element of self care in it--but in this nourishment, in the knowing that there is something bigger than us at work, in knowing that we can believe in ourselves--that everything will work out... we can be of service to others. Our connection to our fellow beings is, *I think* what life is all about--but like the Mysteries, it is a journey, and I am still learning.

Why will you seek the mysteries? Take a moment to talk about it every day, to deity, or to yourself. Remind yourself, give thanks, ask advice--and know it's going to be wondrous.

♥ #SMFPilgrim ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment