Two more weeks, and it's time to start packing. This is my first full-fledged multi-day festival and I want to be prepared. It's important for any trip to know what to bring. Below is the list I started to compile based on some research of the area (Pacific Northwest) and conversations on the ATC Spring Mysteries Facebook Page. It's by no means complete, so if you have suggestions, please comment and share!
For your temporary digs…
- Safety pins and tapestries or extra sheets to hang for privacy. Each bed is in a kind of alcove with a curtain rod. Use the safety pins to turn your sheets/tapestries into curtains.
- Sheets/pillow cases
- Objects (small) that will make you feel at home
- LAYER-ABLE CLOTHING. It's early spring, and weather in the Pacific Northwest is changeable. Pack extras in case things get (and stay) wet!
- Lots of socks
- Comfortable, sturdy shoes—and waterproof them. I'll be bringing a pair of sneakers and a pair of wellies.
- Raincoat with a hood (an umbrella is good too, but it’s another thing to carry)
- Your phone and charger—it’s probably a good idea to have some sort of battery charger as outlets may be limited.
- A bag for dirty/wet clothes
- The usual toiletries—toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.
- MEDICATIONS IF YOU TAKE THEM
- Snacks and drinks—to eat between meals and to share (like it was suggested on the forum—it’s a great way to make friends!).
- Emergen-C and/or airborne—natural cold remedies to bolster your immune system. I'll also be bringing some Rescue Remedy!
Extras and fun...
- Travel talismans
- Offerings for the shrines
- Notebook and pen
- Camera (and extra storage disks)
- Ziploc bags for trinkets and treasures (thanks Najah!)
♥ SMFPilgrim ♥