Tuesday, December 13, 2016

What to do with cover flats...

So one of the marketing tools that authors have access to are cover flats--essentially, blank, empty book covers. I've been playing around with something useful to do with them for a while, and, well, 'tis the season... I made some Yuletide ornaments! I found this video about how to make a house ornament out of Christmas cards on Youtube:


It can work just as well with cover flats. I chose to make the heart (CLICK HERE to access the template I used), but you can probably make any shape that coordinates with your book so long as it's symmetrical. Check it out...

Raw materials...

Use the template to cut out heart shapes...

Score down the middle for easy folding...

Glue 'em together...
...add some glitter, and other baubles, thread with fishing wire and voila!

I still have a few more flats. Instead of making 12 cut outs, I made 8 to represent the Wheel of the Year. I also added a brass bell to call the spirits of the season and a book milagro. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment