Monday, June 5, 2017

Magic Monday: The, "My Gods Are Funner Than Your Gods Edition" :)

“Pan, Pan the Greek god Pan, 
One half, goat, the other half man. 
He had a curly beard And horns on his head, 
He really was a panic The Greeks all said!” 

Real estate in a magazine (read: page space) is a valuable commodity, and sometimes bits and pieces get edited out simply because there's just not enough room to print everything. At the moment, I'm anxiously awaiting the next issue of Witches & Pagans to see the article I wrote about the ATC's Spring Mysteries Festival which I attended last year (OK, OK, technically, I've already seen it, but it's quite another thing to see it in it's natural state!).

One of the bits of that article that had to get snipped was this series of little tete-a-tetes I had with Pan... Spring Mysteries was profound, but it was also great great fun:

With a twinkle in his eye that was as mischievous as it was perceptive, Pan advised me to, “let go of the little white balloons you’re holding onto while you’re here. When you go back and pick them up again, you’ll have a better idea of what to do with them.” Wise words. Like the other gods of Eleusis, Pan had a shrine, but more often than not, you’d find him cavorting in the woods; His is not a spirit to be confined…
Pan points it out...
Hanging with the Vikings...
Feeling peckish...
Making mischief with one of the Graces ♥
No, I'm not telling you where the Kore is. So there!
Pan-Demonium! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment