Saturday, July 15, 2017

Fashionably Friday... A Simple, But Significant Flatlay ♥

I spent the day wandering around Kutztown University in the rain with my daughter--it was her orientation. She'll be attending the University in the fall. Of course we had to stop at the school store, hence, this simple, but significant flatlay:
Getting dressed is a daily ritual that has the potential for great magic. Seriously, what you wear has a great impact on your life. Think about it: An outfit that is uncomfortable, or in which you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason--color, modesty, etc.--can ruin a day before it even gets started. Of course, materials and colors carry their own particular powers (more on that later!). I put this outfit together for my daughter and for me (it is mine--she opted for a jacket with an awesome felt monogram and a mug). I want her to have a bold time at college. And I paired it with two special pieces of jewelry...
Natalie Zaman Graffiti Mother Necklace and Amy Zerner Ace of Pentacles Tarot Necklace
I got this "mother" graffiti necklace from verameat ages ago (Doesn't look like they make it anymore, but there are several makers on Etsy who offer similar.). Besides the fact that the graffiti is kinda fitting as Kutztown is Keith Haring's hometown, yesterday was filled with proud-mamma moments. Mari's been handling all aspects of her college experience on her own, and yesterday I realized that we raised a lioness. One of the things I told her was that while it made me sad that she didn't need me, it also made me fiercely proud, to which she said, "You did a good job, Mom." *cries* The other necklace is the Ace of Pentacles Tarot necklace by my dear friend Amy Zerner. Pentacles are all about success and prosperity, and this pendent is a talisman for everything embodied by the suit of pentacles--and of course I want Mari's college journey to be one filled with, and one that leads her to prosperity of all kinds. Think I'll be wearing this today if the humidity lets up.

And let's just ignore the fact that this posted on Saturday. And that I need a better phone camera (or figure out why I can't seem to master the art of taking a non-blurry picture with what I have!). ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment