Friday, August 11, 2017

Down the rabbit hole... A Magical Visit To Mackenzie-Childs ♥

My family has been going to up to the Finger Lakes (specifically Keuka) for years and years. I go on and off, I love being up at the lake as it's a really good place to decompress. However. I can't sit still for long, so inevitably day trips (have to) happen. One year I went to the little village of Aurora, two lakes over, and visited Mackenzie Childs. It's total fantasy land, and what I would love my house to look like if I had unlimited funds.

The company was founded by husband and wife team Victoria and Richard Mackenzie-Childs in the early 1980s. They're no longer involved with the brand, although it still bears their name and trademark patterning. Their current venture, I think, is truer to their original, wilder whimsical spirit. Anyhoo, so grateful that I got to re-visit the original headquarters. Being on the farm, in the studio, and chicken palace (Yes, chicken PALACE, although a goat lives there too.) is like stepping into Alice in Wonderland. Someone needs to drive up to my house with a dump truck full of money, stat.

No comments:

Post a Comment